Attention Publishers: Announcing Curate – New Content Curation Tool
We’re proud to announce the launch of a new publisher tool – Curate! Curate went into open beta on July 1 and is now available to all publishers on the Rakuten Affiliate Network. Here are some things you should know about Curate to get started: Announcing Curate: New Content Curation Tool What is Curate? Curate […]
We’re proud to announce the launch of a new publisher tool – Curate! Curate went into open beta on July 1 and is now available to all publishers on the Rakuten Affiliate Network. Here are some things you should know about Curate to get started:
Announcing Curate: New Content Curation Tool
What is Curate?
Curate is a product discovery tool where the publisher can create product showcases from all your approved advertisers and publish them to your website.
“With Curate, you are able to easily search through all your approved advertisers products. You can save these products into galleries and publish these as showcases on your site. The whole goal is to further engage your website visitors with relevant, customized content. Publishers can expect to have an intuitive interface, many customization options, and a few different ways to save products, all to make it easier than ever to find and display content they want to feature.” – James Fish, Product Manager at Rakuten Marketing
How does Curate work?
It’s easy to get started using Curate! By accessing Curate in the Rakuten Affiliate dashboard, you can choose the products you’d like to publish and turn them into a gallery (also known as a “widget” or “showcase”) that you can monetize. You will have the option to customize the look and feel of the showcase to match the style of your site. These showcases get published onto your website or blog with one small snippet of code. It’s really that simple!
- Customizations: You can customize, in detail, the style of your showcase to better match your website. Showcases will not be confined to a certain ad unit size.
- Search box: Allow your website visitors to search the products within your showcase.
- Dynamic Filtering: Products you select can be dynamically added by simply selecting the filters to use. Once you select your filters, you can publish the dynamic gallery as a showcase and all the products you filtered through your specified search criteria will appear in the showcase.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How can I try out Curate myself to see how this all works?
- In the Publisher Dashboard, Go to Portfolio > Curate
- What languages and country networks are supported with Curate?
- Currently, Curate is available to publishers in the US, UK, CA, and AU networks – available in English
- Is there anything advertisers need to do in order for me start including their products in a showcase?
- Nothing is required from advertisers to have their products showcased and monetized with Curate. Publishers approved to advertiser programs will be able to add an advertiser’s products into a showcase and publish it on their site – the publishers will take care of all the work.
We look forward to you trying out Curate, and expect more great features to come for this new product!